ObjectivesThis course is relevant to persons responsible for marshalling other vehicles and pedestrians whilst a vehicle is reversing/maneuvering.
• Demonstrate the skills, knowledge and understanding of the role between driver and marshal, to assist in the manoeuvring of a vehicle.
• Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to safely signal to and direct a reversing vehicle. Ensure the safety of marshals, pedestrians and vehicular traffic.
· Relevant regulations/legislation
· Site accident statistics and reporting requirements
· Risk Assessment
· Driver visibility and visibility of marshals
· PPE Recommendations
· How to ensure delegate safety
· How to ensure safety of public/drivers
· Vehicle awareness and dangers
· Inspection of site and discussion
· Positioning of various vehicle marshals
- Signals/standing positions when directing pedestrians and reversing vehicles
Course Duration / Other Info
The Candidate must:
· Attend the entire course
· Complete and pass the written assessment paper
· Adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques
Qualifications / Certification
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a 3 year period after which recertification must take place.