ObjectivesThis course introduces the principles involved in safe use of ladders. Through a combination of classroom and practical work, the course considers the process of a safe and systematic approach to using portable and fixed ladders.
A combination of theory and practical training the syllabus focuses on:
- Legislation and Regulations
- The hierarchy of fall protection
- Ladder classification
- Inspection regimes and defect identification
- Safe use and operation
- Storage and Maintenance
- Organisation and Planning the Work (The Risk Assessment Process)
- Practical Use of Ladders – Inspection and Defect Identification
- – Erecting and Working from Ladders
Course Duration / Other Info
Delegates are required to complete a written test paper as part of the course.
Do not wear jewellery during the course for safety reasons. All course presentations/ assessments are conducted in English. We assume all candidates have sufficient understanding of English to complete oral and/ or written assessment as applicable