ObjectivesFor site operatives who work with Stihl type saws and grinders. The aim of the course is to provide candidates who have a basic mechanical aptitude, whether or not that may include prior experience with abrasive wheels, with the practical and theoretical knowledge and skill to change disks on these machines.
Through this course, the candidate should achieve the knowledge and basic skills which will allow registration under the requirements of Regulations 8, 9 and 12 (3) (a) & (b) of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment 1998.
• Introductions and Aims
• Legal aspects
• HSW Act 1974
• The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
• The Construction Health and Welfare Regulations 1996
• Abrasive Wheels – Practical aspects of use
• Basic rules, construction and marking
• Storage and handling, examination and defects
• Speed, accidents and PPE
• Mounting of wheels, practical demonstrations and hands on assessment of competence
Course Duration / Other Info
At the end of the course, the Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have acquired the knowledge and basic skills required, safety handling, storing and mounting abrasive wheels.