Objectives• Understanding of the relevant legislation on working at height and construction practices.
• Awareness of the common causes of accidents involving scaffolding and the preventative measures
• Overview of the scaffold components and erection process.
• Appreciation of what is involved in a practical inspection of scaffolding.
• Understand the principle of making the workplace safer through adopting a proactive approach to health and safety.
- Legislation and guidance overview
- HSE Industry standards
- Classroom and practical elements
- Working at height regulations 2005
- Selection of work equipment for Work at Height