Confined Space Vessel Entry (1 Day)
ObjectivesThis one day course provides personnel with a thorough understanding of the potential hazards and management controls required to carry out work in confined spaces safely.
The course combines classroom-based and practical learning, although the emphasis is on practical demonstrations and exercises using a purpose-built confined space training module. Exercises will include the use of winches and rescue equipment. The syllabus focuses on:
- Legislation and Regulations (specific to confined spaces)
- Safe Systems of Work
- Management Responsibilities
- Atmospheric Monitoring and the Detection of Gases
- Properties of Gases
- Entry and Access Requirements
- Safety Equipment
- Personnel Responsibilities
- Use of Breathing Apparatus
- Emergency Planning and Procedures
The course will include a written assessment to ensure delegates have a clear understanding of the requirements.
Course Duration / Other Info
Qualifications / Certification
The Candidate must
- Attend the entire course.
- Adhere to course content and demonstrate the required practical application techniques.
Certificates awarded after successful completion of the course will be valid for a three year period after which recertification must take place.